Sunday, April 25, 2010

McNamara Family Everywhere in Co. Clare

Greetings to you, blog readers! This will be a very short post, but I suddenly had the overwhelming desire to type a quick blog about how the name "McNamara" was all over Co. Clare! I mean I guess I already knew that since I was here 7 or 8 years ago and it was the same story then!

The picture on this page is a bar that I ate in when I was in Lisdoonvarna! I didn't go into the bar and say that I was a McNamara too, but I have been meeting many people with that last name and it's odd because in each and every person, I could see a distinct family trait. It's like...in one person, I see my grandpa's smile. I see my dad's eye shape and color in another. I see my aunt's twin! It's just crazy. Some students on the trip say that there's no possible relation. Every McNamara has come from the same place and so however distantly the relation is, we are all related! So it's so cool because I'm spending time with "family".
This just makes my love and pride to be Irish go even deeper! Since I've been here, I've gotten in touch with my Irish side and I've never been more proud to be Irish! :-) It's a great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment