Friday, April 2, 2010

A Very Random Thought

When I was sitting at dinner tonight, some of the girls were talking about food comas and eating too much. It was also said that it was not smart to be eating as much as they were. Now my mind works in ways that are still unknown, and the connections I make are often hard to follow. Despite that, I hope you can keep up with the conversation that was occurring and the workings of my cognition. This is what was happening:

Question: Would a person rather be rotund but have a high intelligence or be thin and have a very low intelligence?

I can not begin to tell you why I started thinking about this, but I can tell you that I posed this question to my own roommate. She thought for a little while and then she said that she would want to keep her figure and have a low intelligence because having a good figure means you take care of your health. If you let yourself go then you have poor health and you will end up dying of a heart attack anyway. Intelligence only gets you the lifestyle that you want in life. But without a good figure, you're dead.
As I think about it, I think I would have to agree with my roommate on this subject. Intelligence can always be improved and if you have your health, it is not extremely difficult. I can't say anything in terms of relationships though because even if you're physically beautiful, you can still be alone. So really it comes down to the tough decision to choose books or looks. Which would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment