Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meeting Giants


This weekend was the Music Festival in Dungarvan, Ireland and I must say that this was THE most fun that I've ever had in my life! We got to volunteer with the festival so the security officials gave us jobs to do! Melia and I were placed at the Blow-up Castle where all the small children were. That was the most frazzling experience of my life! It was so unorganized and chaotic, but Melia and I finally established a system that was thoroughly successful! She kept the slide of the castle running smoothly and I kept the entrance clear for the children. We had to get a little forceful at times with the kids, but pretty soon it started running so smoothly it was amazing!
There were many bands that weekend but the one that was the most glorious of all was The High Kings! On March 17, 2010, the Mayor had posted one of their songs on his profile. Megan and I heard the song and completely fell in love with them! We wanted to attend a concert, but we'd always miss them! We were so upset at the time, but it all worked out amazing in the end because we actually got to listen to them sing!! And what's more: WE GOT TO MEET THEM!! I couldn't believe that I was able to meet the giants of the Irish musical world! The High Kings are all brilliant singers! I got pictures with my three favorite men: Finbarr, Brian, and Darren! It was a day that I will never forget in my life because for a few moments, I stood with legends! I stood with men that I will listen to for the rest of my life and I hope that I will be able to see them once again in concert before my life is done! I do not mean to sound morbid by any means. I just mean that it would be nice to see them all again!
In the songs, I could hear all the stories of Ireland that I've been learning about in my classes! Applying the history to the songs, the songs took on a whole new meaning for me. When that happened, the songs became even more beautiful than they already were! I can't exactly explain it. It's odd I know, so maybe when I come home I'll be able to clarify a bit better.
Until my next post, stay well reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment