Saturday, April 3, 2010

God Save The Queen!


So it is official journal! May 6 I am going to London with my 3 roommates! I am so excited to go! My brother studied in London when he went to Notre Dame University and he loved it! There is so much I want to see while I'm there, but we may not get to all the places in time. I know we are going to see the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Parliament, The British Museum, Portobello Road, Westminster Abbey, and other places that Britain is known for!
What I am really hoping is to see the burial place of my favorite Queen: Queen Elizabeth I. Her era is my favorite to watch, read about, and talk about. The life of King Henry VIII, his 6 wives, and his children and their lives have always been of great interest to me. I cannot explain why. It has just been fascinating to me for as far back as I can remember. The Royal Family during my lifetime (1988- ) has not interested me too much. I will admit Princess Diana was one of my favorite people and I could not wait until she was crowned Queen. Then tragedy struck in 1997 when she was killed. Now, I have mixed emotions about the Royals. I hear many say that the Princes are very handsome and I don't deny that. I admire William but I question Harry at times when I find his behavior unsuitable for a Prince (referring to the Halloween Party where he showed up at a Nazi soldier). I guess it's a "feeling of immortality" thing. Well, all I know is that I can't wait to go! I also can't wait to try the food! I hear that it is quite good in London!
Until my next post...cherrio!

No comments:

Post a Comment