Sunday, March 14, 2010

Christy Moore and Lismore Castle



What a packed schedule I have had! I just wanted to say that I visited Lismore Castle last Sunday and it was absolutely stunning! I had tea in the Great Hall of Lismore Castle with a group from Mercyhurst. Lismore is still owned by the Duke of Devonshire and his wife. There is just so much history and I thought of my sister Maggie, my cousin Karen, and my brother Conor mainly! Maggie would have loved the grounds of Lismore! I took lots of pictures and even though the flowers and trees were not in bloom, one can only imagine what it looks like! Karen would have liked that there was a certain set of stairs that were so regal and royal in appearance that I thought of her instantly! And my brother Conor would have been in love with the battlements and turrets of the castle. It made me think of him and his great love for knights! I could imagine the Round Table in the Great Hall surrounded by coats of arms and flags, and the light from the stained glass windows casting Conor (the King) and his knights into an array of colors! It's almost a shame that we had to leave! But I walked where Adele Astaire walked, the Kennedy's, and the room where the Father of Modern Chemistry played as a boy! One can't get much better than that I daresay!
In addition to this, I went to a Christy Moore concert with the entire group (with an open bar at a pub afterward)! The man is known for profusely perspiring on stage and let me tell you this: His towel was practically soaked by the end of the concert! It was very funny because all the Irishmen made a point in telling us that Christy Moore sweats like a mother fecker! That's exact language - don't get scared now! :-) The songs were wonderful (I even sang a few of them because I knew them! My group was shocked) and we even started clapping and stamping our feet and I had the strong desire to just get up and dance! I did not so don't worry everyone! I kept me bum in my seat!
Well, that's all for those two days! Stay tuned for more from the Ireland Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment